Working with young people is fantastically rewarding - however it can sometimes be hard work and it isn't always straight forward. If you have questions about a child or young person's behaviour or mental health, you're not alone.


Covid 19

For support on Coronavirus visit the YoungMinds website for trusted advice.

In crisis

Should you need urgent health advice please contact your GP or call NHS 111. In an emergency please visit A&E or call 999.

Where to go for further help and advice
  • School nurse – offers support and advice and may be able to refer to other services
  • Professional Advice Service – (PAS) offers free advice tel 0116 2955048 delivered by CAMHS
  • Rutland County Council Early Help – a process that practitioners (school teachers, school nurses, youth workers, etc) use to get to know you and your family and decide how best they can help you and your family to reach your full potential. 
Where to signpost parents/carers
  • In the first instance they should talk to the child’s school or visit their GP to get advice.  
  • To read more online, YoungMinds have an excellent resource: A to Z for parents which can be found here.
  • For free advice parents/carers can telephone YoungMinds Parents Helpline Mon-Fri from 9.30am to 4pm on 08088025544  
Self-help and information services available for young people