INFORMATION FOR PARENTS AND CARERS
Being a parent or carer is a fantastically rewarding job - however it can often be hard work and it isn't always straightforward. If you have questions about a child or young person's behaviour or mental health, you're not alone.
For support on Coronavirus visit the YoungMinds website for trusted advice.
Should you need urgent health advice please contact your GP or call NHS 111. In an emergency please visit A&E or call 999.
Where to go for help
- In the first instance talk to your child’s school or visit your GP to get advice.
- YoungMinds have an excellent resource: A to Z for parents.
- For free advice telephone YoungMinds ParentHelpline Mon-Fri from 9.30-4pm on 08088025544
- Rutland County Council Early Help have a number of offers to support children, young people and their families.
Self-help and information services available for young people
- HealthforKids website for primary children and their parents
- Healthforteens website for young people age 11 to 19
- Kooth free online counselling service
- Chathealth confidential text messaging service that enables young people (aged 11-19) to contact their local public health nursing (school nursing) team.